In The Heart of Our Communities
While working at Leon's you'll have the opportunity to be involved in the community and work with a charity of your store's choice to help serve the neighborhood.
Leon's has always believed in giving something back to the people who have helped make Leon's a prosperous and growing company. This tradition continues through many important initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in our communities.
Each year our stores and associates give generously of their time and resources to make their communities better places to live. To achieve the greatest possible impact, we focus most of our charitable efforts towards local community charities.
For our 100th anniversary, we partnered with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada, a leading charitable organization, that provides programs to children and youth that support the healthy physical, educational and social development of 200,000 young people and their families each year.
We were also proud to support local hospitals in each of the communities that are home to one of our home furnishing stores.
Some of the charities we have volunteered at are:
- Canadian Cancer Society-South York Region Unit
- Boys and Girls Club of Canada
- South Lake Regional Healthcare Centre (Hospital)
- Newmarket Salvation Army
- Enfant-Jesus hospital.
- Operation Enfant Soleil
- St. Louise Outreach Center
- Salvation Army, Brampton
- Simcoe Hall Settlement House
- YWCA, Whitby
- The Food Bank, Kitchener
- Burlington Country and Blues Festival with proceeds going to the Joseph Brant Hospital
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Simcoe Community Services
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region
- The Welland Rose Festival
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lachine
- Ste. Annes Veterans
- The Mustard Seed, Calgary
- Cerebral Palsy Association
- Toronto Heritage Rail Museum
- Santa Clause Parade, Sudbury
- Hospice House
- La Soupe Communautaire de la Paroisse Ste-Rose
- Canadian Cancer Relay for Life, Sault Ste. Marie
- Winnipeg Harvest
- Good Shepherd Society in Hamilton
- Credit Valley Hospital